Time needed : 10-15 min
The following measures used in this post serves for two.
1 vegetable banana(raw banana)
1 green chilly
2 red dried chillies( 3 green chillies can be used too instead of 1+2, or 3 red chillies will do too. As per your convenience)
1 garlic clove 1 tspn cumin seeds(jeera)
8 tspn vegetable oil
- Chop the banana in your preferred shape. For thickness, refer to the picture far down for an idea. Keep it aside to be used later.
- Add the finely chopped onion to the mixer jar. Also add the chillies and the garlic clove to it.
- Whip the contents, but make sure it doesn't turn into a paste. We just need it to be crushed enough. Refer the picture for a better understanding.
- Then keep this aside to be used at a later stage.
- Now add about 8tspn vegetable oil to a pan and let it heat on medium flame for about a minute.
- Then add about 1tspn cumin seeds(jeera) and let it be till it makes popping sounds.
- Once the sounds stop, add the contents from the mixer jar to the pan and mix well.
- Fry the onion till it's a little golden brown.
- Then add the chopped banana pieces to it and mix well.
- Sprinkle a little water to help cooking. But make sure you don't add a lot of water. It'll make the bhaji soggy. We need the pieces to be cooked but intact in shape. So Just sprinkle enough to keep the food from burning by sticking to the base of the pan. Look below for an idea.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder(haldi) for a beautiful yellow. Do not add too much or it will compromise the taste.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook. Occasionally stir the contents to prevent the contents from burning by sticking to the base of the pan.
- After about 5 minutes, use a spoon and cut through a piece of the banana to check if it's cooked. Taste it to confirm. If it's still hard, then let it cook for a minute or two.
- Switch off the flame and serve it hot with chapatis or rice.
Try it out yourself and mail me a picture of your preparation to firstname.lastname@example.org, and i will flaunt it on my blog. Looking forward to your valuable feedback.