Here's a simple quick recipe for the soup my mom likes to make often. Very healthy and very easy to make. This is one of my mom's own creations! Enjoy!
Time needed - 15-20 min.
Serves three people.
1 onion (finely chopped)
cabbage (refer below for an idea. You can add more if you like to munch much in your soup ;) )
3 tbspn chana flour (corn flour/maida will also do)
- Chop the onion finely and also the cabbage. Add one clove of garlic, a little ginger, and one big green chilly to the mixer vessel and get the paste as shown below. Keep aside.
- Add some water to about 3 tbspn chana flour and keep aside. (This is to give your soup a little thickness. The amount of flour you add depends on how thick you want it!)
- If you boiled corn sometime to eat, don't throw away the water you cooked it in. Save this corn stock in the fridge and voila! It'll come handy when you make this soup! (This is optional, but definitely adds to the taste.)
- Place the cooker on a medium flame. Add 1 tbspn ghee. After about a minute, add the paste prepared above to it and stir. After another 2 minutes, add the finely chopped onion to it and mix well.
- Don't let the onion turn completely golden brown. Add the cabbage to it and mix again.
- Now add the corn stock and the chana-flour-water to the contents in the cooker. Add a pinch of turmeric for a nice yellow color and some salt to taste. Add enough water. Refer below.
- Cover the cooker and bring the contents to a boil. Then sprinkle with pepper(optional) and serve. Yummy Healthy Easy Quick Soup is ready!!! You can also add other veggies like carrots, beans etc to this. Try it out and let me know :)
Try it out yourself and mail me a picture of your preparation to email@example.com, and i will flaunt it on my blog. Looking forward to your valuable feedback.