Mom made a yummy sweet Khichdi today. But that didn't feel enough. So i went ahead and made these yummy Coconut Barfi.
I never knew it's so easy to make them. So go ahead, try it out and surprise someone special :)
Time needed : About 40 minutes.
1 cup grated coconut
1 cup milk
3/4th cup sugar
1 cup = 200g approx.
- Grate coconuts enough to fill a cup. Transfer it into a mixer.
- Mix it until it gets something like the picture below. Do not let it get all liquidy and gooey.. just a crushed texture.
- Empty the contents into a pan heating on low flame.
- Add the sugar and mix.
- Keep stirring on low flame, or the contents will get burnt at the base. Once the coconut gratings and sugar mixes and gels into each other well, add a cup of milk and mix.
- Let it simmer on low flame and make sure to keep stirring. This is how it's gonna look when it's done. Add some ghee and sprinkle some cardamom powder and mix again. Leave it for a minute or two and then switch the flame off.
- Take a plate and coat it's base with a few drops of ghee. Transfer the contents from the pan on to it.
- Use a knife to mark the shapes you want your Barfis to set in.
- Let it cool and harden. Make sure the base has hardened before getting the barfis out of the plate. That taken care of, present your hand made Krishnashtami sweets to those lucky people and watch as they take a yummy juicy bite into it...!;-)
Try it out yourself and mail me a picture of your preparation to email@example.com, and i will flaunt it on my blog. Looking forward to your valuable feedback.